I am always so blown away whenever anyone thinks to nominate me for anything really, but an accolade coming from the WordPress community is just that much more special. Huge thank you to gingersnap74 for extending such a sweet gift to me. Please check out her amazing blog filled with stories and motivations of recovery.
Here are my answers to her questions:
1. Who is the most influential person in your life?
My mother will always be the voice inside my head motivating me to be better at whatever job is before me, even if that task is something as simple as relaxing or loving myself. She is an amazing woman who continues to shape me into a more caring, humble, and gracious person.
2. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?
I honestly LOVE Los Angeles – something about its diverse, eclectic nature will always be my favorite place in the world. Maybe that’s because it’s “home”, but more likely it’s due to the fact that L.A. is just an awesome place!
3. How do you handle mental stressors in your life?
I visualize. Particularly, I put specific images to whatever is causing me anxiety and stress, and I mentally tie those objects to red balloons, letting each one fly away until they disappear out of my “sight”. That, and chocolate.
4. When you blog, where does your inspiration come from?
Anywhere and everywhere. Anything can be a topic for further discussion if I’m passionate about it.
5. What is the biggest thing thus far you have learned in your life?
That I am worthy of my own love.
6. What is one quality that you think is most attractive in someone?
Confidence! Absolutely. There is something magical about a person who is simply comfortable in their own skin and who knows that they, too, are worth more than their weight in gold.
7. What type of music do you enjoy and name your favorite band?
To be honest, I’m oooold school. I am crazy about the classic works of Frank Sinatra, James Dean, and Aretha Franklin.
8. What are you most proud of in your life?
My big heart. Sometimes it gets me into a lot of trouble because emotions have the power to be both constructive as well as destructive, but ultimately I know that if there’s something I do well, it’s loving other people (or animals, or sometimes weird inanimate objects that look “sad”).
9. How would you describe yourself?
A 50 year old in a 20-something year old body.
10. What is your favorite life quote?
“You do not have to set yourself on fire to keep anyone else warm”
11. What’s the most valuable piece of advice someone has given to you?
Just breathe. Seriously. Anyone who tells me this is a life saver because I constantly need to be reminded.
That was super fun! I realize that I haven’t shared many random facts like these with my WordPress family since i started blogging; I must remember to do more of it!
3. Memoir Notes
5. Daily Inspiration Blog
Here are my questions to you:
1. If you could have dinner with any person in history (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
2. What is one subject or area you wish you were an “expert” on?
3. What is the most creative/out of the ordinary thing you’ve ever done?
4. If there is one attribute (physical or abstract) that you could ensure your future child gets from you, what is it?
5. What is the most influential book or quote you’ve read?
6. What do you wish you could get paid to do?
7. What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
8. Are there any blogs in particular that have had a significant impact in your life?
9. What inspired you to start blogging?
10. What is one thing you are working on right now?
11. Tell me something only few people know about you!